Brownies in the RAW
Yields 4 Brownies
- 1 cup Raisins, soaked 1-3 hours, drained and water reserved
- 1 cup Dates, pitted, hard dates need to be soaked 1 hr, drained and water reserved
- 1 cup Raw Almond Butter
- 1 cup Almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup Raw Cocoa Powder
- 2 - 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Food process with a "S" blade raisins and dates until it turns into a paste - use a little of the soak water if needed. Blend all together by hand. This should be a moist dough like consistency. Sprinkle some chopped almonds OR coconut in the bottom of a serving dish. By hand spread the brownies in the pan. Refrigerate for 1 - 3 hours.
- 4 dates, pitted and hard dates soaked for 30 - 45 minutes, drained well
- 1 tsp ground cacao
- 1 tbsp raw carob powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Food process all together. If it needs to be thicker, add another date or two. Thinner, add a little soak water.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Now, what to do with the leftover soak water?
Throw it in the bender with a couple of pitted dates. Blend on high speed for a few minutes and You have date syrup. Add a touch of cinnamon for some zing, maybe even a small slice of ginger.